Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That didn't last long.

Well, I was laid off in March. My boss said just try to hold on this won't be forever. In the meantime I worked 2 part time jobs. In may he started... I think I will be able to bring you back in a few weeks. (I was working there 1 morning a week.) Then...June, July, August, September....Ok I want you to come back. I need you full time in October! Finally!!!! I was broke! I had been through I want you to help with my NEW business, I want you to sell....I want you to do both, no new business...no sell...Finally It was sell...full time with a smaller base and commission. Fine I needed the security of a regular paycheck. So I start...My first day I say I am going to lunch (3:00 pm...had been there since 8:30 am) He says ...you might as well go home it isn't like you are getting paid to be here...What!!??? So I go to lunch and come back ( had an appt. for a sale) then I ask him before he leaves for the weekend...what do you mean...He says JUST SELL!!! Monday, after a sleepless weekend, I come back and he tells me I can just come in 4 hours a day and just get commission...I am hot at this point, but I figure it is better than nothing....a week later after this he calls one evening to tell me one company won't let him run the other...so no job for me...What???? Make up my mind!!!
The man is a nice boss when I worked the last 3 years for him. understanding...for the most part. He even asked me before starting his new venture, concerned that he would let me down by not keeping his other opened full time.
I am just so frustrated...and broke. What is up with people today. He said he wanted to help me, he didn't want to lose a good employee...well...I don't want to lose my water or electric.
Got an interview that day...another commission only job..."will be slow at first" gggrrreeeaaattt. I need money now, and I am sick of sales!
ok, Maybe if I hide under a rock for the next few weeks the bill collectors won't find me. who needs water anyway...LOL JK

2 comments:

  1. Hope it is going better -wishing you luck

    Kate xx
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally empathise - having been made redundant twice in the last 12 months. Hang on in there!

    ReplyDelete